One of the great things about doing this website – despite the fact that it has made an obsession out of my interest in Klaus Kinski! – is that it has brought me into contact with a lot of really great people all over the world. My god, I got to interview Margaret Lee, for one thing!
But aside from the opportunity to do interviews with Kinski co-stars and colleagues, I’ve made contact with some lovely fellow film buffs and Kinski fans. One Du dumme Sau! friend is Markus and I’m really pleased that, with his friend (also called Markus), he’s started up a video blog, which is available to view on YouTube.
Markus and Markus call their posts, From Austria For The World, and describe themselves as: “Two Austrians walking through Vienna and talking about stuff.” So far they have reviewed Prometheus and Howard the Duck (!) but their latest addition is Creature (with Klaus Kinski) which you have to see for several reasons:
- It’s about a great (by which I mean mainly bad but good) Klaus Kinski film
- It’s filmed outside Werner Herzog’s office
- There’s a brief discussion about the “brand” of Klaus Kinski – you know, how to sell films on the basis that KK was in the general vicinity when a film was made and agreed to have his name on the poster in big letters
- You need to see if Markus has lost his eye to a serious eye infection by the end of the review due to heavy rainfall!
- And, finally, you have to see Markus’ impersonation of Klaus Kinski!!!
The From Austria For The World reviews are really great fun so I hope you all check them out and subscribe.